Bullet Physics in D

BLM768 blm768 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 22:30:05 PDT 2012

A while back, I tried porting Bullet Physics to D, and I decided
to resume work on it. I've got the code I've ported so far at
sourceforge.net/projects/bulletd. I wrote most of the code when I
was early in my D learning experience, so it's fairly rough, and
it's nowhere near complete (a rough line count analysis gave well
under 5%), but it's a start. If anyone wants to help, it would be
appreciated.

My main reasons for making a port rather than a binding are that
SWIG doesn't like nested classes, so it's useless for Bullet, and
I wanted to integrate it with the GC. D and C++ are close enough
that getting a port of at least the basic features shouldn't take
too long; I'm not sure what I'll end up doing about the OpenCL
options and such.