DConf 2013: Call for Submissions is now live!

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 18 14:44:35 PST 2012

On 18 December 2012 15:09, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 12/18/2012 1:31 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> I suppose you would want me to talk gdc. :o)
>>

> I suspect a session by you on gdc would generate a lot of interest. ditto
> for David on ldc.

Me and David had a chat and kinda came a little thin on material to discuss
beyond maybe a 10 minute mark. :-)

I have been collecting a lot of thoughts from what has already been done to
port of D to ARM.  And when I get the Epiphany board through the post I
intend to port D to that too.  Maybe a talk on the trials and errors for
porting D.

For those who have heard of Parallela, will know that Epiphany is a chip
that has been designed ground up for parallel computing.  Would be
interesting to see how parallel computing in D scales/fairs in comparison
to the current state of parallel computing in D for x86.  If there is a
notable difference worth talking about, that could be another alternative.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';