D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Mon Feb 27 03:32:50 PST 2012

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:yfmgvgprfpiquakiyjlk at forum.dlang.org...
> https://github.com/downloads/adamdruppe/dtojs/dtojs.zip
>
> Daniel Murphy's microd fork of dmd, meant to output C,
> made me realize it'd be fairly easy to use that same method
> for other languages too.
>
> So, I spent some time these last two weekends making it work
> to put out Javascript.

This is great - it might make javascript actually usable as a platform. =D

How come you didn't do this as a proper fork/branch of dmd?  It seems like
doing it this way would make it harder to maintain, and it certainly makes
it harder to see what's been changed.

It's also not too hard to strip out the backend if you want to redistribute
the binary.  (stub out e2ir,s2ir,glue,toobj,iasm and remove the backend
specific stuff from main)