A tutorial on D templates

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 10:46:34 PST 2012

On Sunday, 15 January 2012 at 00:54:37 UTC, Georg Wrede wrote:
> Why don't we just let the guy write his thing in peace, before
> demanding a complete book with stylistically professional
> grammar and style?
>
> I mean, at this rate we are beating the horse to death before
> we've even put it in front of the carriage. If I were Philippe,
> by this time I'd be stressed out, and the project would start
> to whither.
>
> How about folks just helping him write it, like he asked?
>
> There's plenty of time to turn it to the Ten Commandments
> later, but it needs to exist before that.

Getting feedback on writing style early is a great plus to the
author. That way he can incorporate it in future additions and
practice it, practice catching it.

As for the discussion at hand, I prefer to remove 'you' most of
the time. It started with just because I was told to in class,
but continues because I've seen what it does to my writing, and I
prefer it. But I'm still not perfect with it.

Also, yay articles/books on D!