D:GameVFS 0.1

Kiith-Sa 42 at theanswer.com
Thu Jan 19 15:36:11 PST 2012

I've released D:GameVFS 0.1, a minimalist VFS library for game developers.

I'm trying to librarize various pieces of code I'm working on for my projects;
this is a very simple virtual file system library. Can only read/write/create
files and directories, not delete them.

Currently there is no archive support -  shouldn't be too difficult to
implement, but I'll only implement it if I need it (contributions are welcome).

It can stack directories, which I need for easy moddability.

There are also no security features - if a directory you're working with gets
deleted, D:GameVFS can't handle that.

The API is inspired by Tango VFS API, but made with ranges in mind, using
RAII/refcounting and again, very minimal.

API is not stable, and will change e.g. when std.stream gets rewritten.

You can get D:GameVFS 0.1 here: https://github.com/kiith-sa/D-GameVFS/downloads
For basic introduction, see the tutorial in the README at
https://github.com/kiith-sa/D-GameVFS and the API documentation in the package.