Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.

nazriel nazriel6969 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:17:52 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 5 July 2012 at 13:47:42 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> nazriel:
>
>> I would like to share with you, Beta version of
>> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/
>
> I have tried that page some more. Two screen grabs:
> http://derp.co.uk/35b8d
>
> 1) In the first part of the image the background colors are
> disabled. For such situations I suggest to make the green and
> red
> boxes with v and x to be visible with disabled colors too.
> 1b) I also suggest to write down "segmentation fault" somewhere,
> instead just setting it a tooltip of those boxes.
>
> 2) Second part of the image: why I am not seeing a link to
> create
> a new paste?
>
> 3) I have tried to register myself, but it always refuse my
> CAPTCHA :-(
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Thank you bearophile for your testings!

There is so much to do that I had no time yet to make some better
tests in browsers like links, or with JavaScript disabled.

1) Yes, its good idea, I need to think about it. Its nice look vs
utility on browsers without colors (how many people uses browsers
without colors? :D)
1b) Hmm, maybe good idea, yea, will think about it too.

2) Dunno tbh, could you give me some details about your
web-browser. Its looks like Bootstrap fail so its has to be
really exotic browser.

3) It maybe problematic, I had to introduce some kind of
anti-spam mechanism.
You can sing in using Github, Google, Facebook, OpenID accounts
if that will fail for you.

Also there may be case, that anti-spam mechanism triggers while
you send code snippet.

I think that after all I should make it clear for users that
Images are required for website full functionality.

Thanks again!

Will try to solve your problems tommorow.

Best Regards,
Damian Ziemba