Dpaste - online compiler and collaboration tool dedicated to D Programming Language.

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jul 5 15:10:10 PDT 2012

nazriel:

> Thank you bearophile for your testings!

Thank you for the very elegant D paste site. I'm good at hitting
ways to _not_ be able to use software and sites :o) Sometimes
even people like Mister Beam are useful.

In that site sometimes I'd like an way to compile with "-d" or
"-debug" or "-version", this is probably doable.

Offering an option to see the produced assembly is less easy,
because usually D produces very large asm listings... maybe this
is doable showing only the asm of the single or few specific
functions selected by the user, this gives a manageable sized
output.

> There is so much to do that I had no time yet to make some
> better tests in browsers like links, or with JavaScript
> disabled.

In all tests I've done I was keeping JavaScript enabled, and I
think images too were enabled. I have just disabled colors in one
test.

> (how many people uses browsers without colors? :D)

I don't know. It's a standard feature of Firefox, well visible in
the Options/Contents page. I sometimes disable colors when I
program or write, to look for info faster, and cause less
disruption to my flow. A friend of mine keeps them always
disabled to reduce distractions. And I know another person that
keeps them disabled because he's deeply color blind, and finds
colors confusing (he sometimes removes part of the colors from
presentations created by other people).

> 2) Dunno tbh, could you give me some details about your
> web-browser. Its looks like Bootstrap fail so its has to be
> really exotic browser.

It's a normal Firefox 13.0.1, but it's not easy to give a
complete answer to this question. Maybe we have to meet on IRC
when you modify the site :-)

Bye,
bearophile