Coming Soon: Stable D Releases!

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Mon Jul 16 09:39:49 PDT 2012

Am Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:21:39 +0100
schrieb Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com>:

> On 16 July 2012 14:00, Marco Leise <Marco.Leise at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Am Mon, 16 Jul 2012 00:51:16 -0700
> > schrieb "Adam Wilson" <flyboynw at gmail.com>:
> >
> > As it shows, the beta phase doesn't always catch all regressions in people's code, so I encourage you to do this project and eventually it will be used by GDC and other major from-source projects. By the way: Should this also later become the base for the official zip file download? IIRC Walter wanted to keep track of the DMD downloads from the main web site (no redistribution) and hotfixed versions of D could become increasingly popular.
> >
> > --
> > Marco
> >

> And what benefits would GDC get from opting to use this rather than
> the normal releases?

What he said, [regression] fixes that didn't make it into the initial release. I don't know about GDC's 'patch level', but for 2.059 I applied patches for the following issues after release, to have it feel as solid as good old 2.058:
- issue-7907
- issue-7911
- issue-7922
- outOfMemoryError-undeprecation
- std-path-sep-deprecation

In case crypto algorithms become part of Phobos, some patches may improve security as well. Didn't you say you work only with the GitHub release tags for stability?

--
Marco