D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

James Miller james at aatch.net
Tue Mar 6 19:46:39 PST 2012

On 7 March 2012 16:19, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
> "Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:mxstsriydkbxxrjlfxqn at forum.dlang.org...
>>
>> Then again, when giant things like jQuery is considered
>> a "necessity" when I get by just fine with my 10 KB
>> (source, not minified, not gzipped) custom library,
>> if even that, it shows there's a big disconnect between
>> me and most other web people nowadays.
>
> Yea, a disconnect of about 50 IQ points (in your favor).
>
> Things like that are why I hate "typical" web developers and webdev
> "conventional wisdom" (hah!) with a burning passion. We're talking
> "thermonuclear power of a thousand suns" here.

I don't know what webdev "conventional wisdom" is, but it would be
nice to use site that don't eat my CPU because of a billion different
javascript, erm, scripts all trying to do things. There's something to
be said for rolling your own libraries.

However, I would like jQuery's CSS selector engine as a standalone
library, sooo much easier than complex DOM lookups, especially when
you want something fairly specific.

--
James Miller