D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:51:43 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 7 March 2012 at 03:46:45 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> However, I would like jQuery's CSS selector engine as a
> standalone library, sooo much easier than complex DOM lookups

CSS selector is built into all the browsers since IE8/FF3.5.
The functions are element.querySelector and
element.querySelectorAll.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc304119%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Document.querySelector

If you need to support older browsers, I think jquery's
engine is called Sizzle stand alone, but I just let it
throw the method not found exception, and carry on without
the javascript. It's not worth the size.