UFCS for D

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Mar 30 04:45:07 PDT 2012

On 2012-03-30 10:20, Walter Bright wrote:

> There has been a trend in Phobos of having some truly gigantic modules.
> I believe this is indicative of a problem in the language. Andrei and I
> have talked about it, and we think it is because of difficulties in
> breaking a module up into submodules of a package.
>
> We think it's something we need to address.

I don't know for HOW LONG I've been saying this. The modules in Phobos
are way too large. I always thought this was a design decision, that you
wanted a flat hierarchy of modules in Phobos.

But I don't think it's a problem with the language. I've been splitting
up my code in several sub packages and modules for as long as I've been
using D. Just move the code to new modules. It can take some time to
figure out how to best organize the modules but when that's finished
there should be any problems.

--
/Jacob Carlborg