UFCS for D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 06:24:58 PDT 2012

On Friday, 30 March 2012 at 11:21:02 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> 4. Blow in bottom of cartridge, even though the pins are clean
> and free of dust (did this actually ever do anything?)

My hypothesis is it was actually the moisture that
made a better connection.

I'd like to test this now... I should break out the old
nes and some canned air and distilled water.

But, back in the day, I used to find great success by
actually running the game under a small stream of
tap water. It'd almost always work right after that.

I prefer the cartridges, flaws and all, to CDs. They
are so easy to dirty up, scracth, or get outright broken
(my brother was an angry gamer!)

And they load sooooo slowly, especially the newer games.