UFCS for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 30 14:05:42 PDT 2012

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:udpabjwyzxlollbizxzz at forum.dlang.org...
> On Friday, 30 March 2012 at 11:21:02 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> 4. Blow in bottom of cartridge, even though the pins are clean and free
>> of dust (did this actually ever do anything?)
>
> My hypothesis is it was actually the moisture that
> made a better connection.

Probably. Problem is, it also corrodes the connectors. So the more you do
it, the worse it gets. Best thing to do is rubbing alcohol on a q-tip. Or
rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth wrapped around a few old credit cards or a
thin piece of wood.

> I prefer the cartridges, flaws and all, to CDs. They
> are so easy to dirty up, scracth, or get outright broken
> (my brother was an angry gamer!)
>
> And they load sooooo slowly, especially the newer games.

Totally agree on all counts. I *liked* that the N64 used carts (although
some were ridiculously pricey). And right from day one, you knew that the
PSP's use of discs was a colossally stupid thing to do on a *portable*.