User Defined Attributes

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 12:21:30 PST 2012

Le 10/11/2012 20:04, Walter Bright a écrit :
> On 11/10/2012 1:59 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>  > On 2012-11-10 05:02, Walter Bright wrote:
>  >
>  >> Meaning a given attribute can have only one, global, meaning.
>  >
>  > Isn't that true for any symbol. Can I have two std.stdio.writeln
> symbols in the
>  > same application?
>  >

> Think of it this way. If I have myString.String, and use the strings in
> it as an attribute in one module, and in another use module use
> myString.String as an attribute with a totally different meaning, that
> will not work if plugins are used.

Thinking of it this way don't make any sense. The whole point of an
attribute is to tell a library about how to understand your code.

If many library uses the same attribute, then it defeat the whole point
of having attribute. This is why the discussion about disallowing any
type as UDA exists in the first place.