Released vibe.d 0.7.8 and improved online API documentation

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Tue Oct 2 09:31:53 PDT 2012

The new version adds support for UDP sockets and a lot of smaller
improvements and fixes, for example in the Diet parser and the REST
interface generator (see http://vibed.org/blog/posts/vibe-release-0.7.8
for details). Thanks for all contributions!

I've also done some improvements to the API documentation*, which is
generated from DMDs JSON output (with some additional processing). The
documentation has full cross-linking for types. I'm planning to break
this out into a separate project with support for offline documentation
generation.

It should be noted that the documentation processor contains a crude D
type parser, because the types in DMD's JSON always come out
stringified. This is necessary to get the type links and some other
things working - getting an additional detailed type AST in the original
JSON would be very helpful here (and much more robust).

Sönke

* http://vibed.org/api/