Remus

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 7 10:32:23 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'd like to present you Remus.
First things first. What is Remus?
Remus is a (Pre)Compiler for D. It adds D or rather the natural
Syntax of D through various things, which are at the moment only
offered by library solutions or not at all.

This includes:

  - Not null references
  - Stack instances (also known as scope instances)
  - Namespaces
  - Safe Null invocation

Planned further still: memoize for functions and methods as well
as ref counted instances.

Here's one code example of what already works:
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/bc50f081

Why did I do that?
Many library solutions from D are for me (and probably for many
others here) essentially built (built in) missing features that
can't be missing.

An example would be not null references:
Not Null references doesn't exist and are not intended for D.
They are at least a structure / library solution. Remus instead
provides a simple, clear syntax. There is certainly more to say
about the other features, but I'm not fond of many words:
Try it out, or leave it. It's your choice, but I will use it in
future for myself, my fellow students and my university stuff.
Nevertheless I am thankful for suggestions and feedback.

You can download Remus here: http://rswhite.de/?q=downloads. This
is my own little website (however, in German) on where I give you
some  informations, details and features about Remus as well as
how you install it: http://rswhite.de/?q=remus. I advise you to
try reading some of the remus chapters to understand what's
working and what doesn't and for what reason.

On this page there will soon (about 2 - 4 weeks) be released the
Beta-version of my 2D game framework called Dgame. This builds on
the SDL and OpenGL and should become a worthy substitute to SFML
from C++. It already has been tested enough in 2-3 simulations.
Even an Pong Clone has been developed by it. But what's missing
is an adequate documentation.

So much of me. Greetings and in advance: sorry for my english ;)