Remus

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Oct 7 11:15:07 PDT 2012

Namespace:

>  - Not null references
>  - Stack instances (also known as scope instances)
>  - Namespaces
>  - Safe Null invocation
>
> Planned further still: memoize for functions and methods as
> well as ref counted instances.

Similar efforts are useful almost as the Haskell GHC compiler
extensions: to allow the community to try to use features not yet
present in the language, to judge them better, allowing to
understand if they are worth putting in the language, and trying
few alternative implementation ideas looking for the best one of
them.

But to do this well, people need to understand such extensions
very well. So instead of just offering the source code and one
uncommented example, I suggest to explain each feature, why they
are present, what design choices you have taken and why, and how
to use them in some common cases, with few specific examples.

This will make your work useful for the development of the
mainstream D too.

Bye,
bearophile