Guigle openGL GUI on GIT

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 18:50:45 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 4 April 2013 at 23:04:05 UTC, Stephen Jones wrote:

> There is a general problem to do with the dlls themselves.
> While Derelict3 compiles its own .lib files they still require
> native .dll files on the path. For openGL it is not an issue

This isn't a problem. It's the nature of shared libraries. It's
possible in Derelict to specify a path directly, so that they
don't need to be on the global path. When calling a load method,
you can pass a relative or full path as an argument:
DerelictSDL2.load("/libs/SDL2.dll")

> but for SDL2, SDL2_Image and SDL_ttf there is a problem. Does
> anyone know either a repository with viable dll (and whatever
> linux/Mac require), or a clear explanation of the process
> required to build your own from SDL2 source.

Download the latest SDL2 snapshot from
http://www.libsdl.org/hg.php
SDL_image and SDL_ttf will need to be checked out from the
mercurial repository.

You'll need to use either Visual Studio or MinGW to compile. I
generally use MinGW and MSYS. MSYS isn't strictly necessary, but
it includes a number of unix tools that make life easier.

SDL2 now supports CMake, so you can use that to generate a
makefile. I generally use the configure script instead. SDL2
includes instructions for building, but it goes something like
this:

1. Open MSYS and cd to the SDL2 directory.
2. mkdir build
3. cd build
4. ../configure
5. make

Now you'll have an SDL2 dll. You can follow the same steps to
build SDL_image and SDL_ttf.