A new blog article detailing the alternative function syntax

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Aug 8 12:15:30 PDT 2013

On 8/8/2013 11:53 AM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> I personally think this is more confusing than many people think. Hopefully this
> will quickly arm a developer with knowledge to be able to read and understand
> most D code. Let me know if i've missed anything important.
>
> http://nomad.so/2013/08/alternative-function-syntax-in-d/

s/compliments/complements/

s/-profile/-property/

s/behaviour/behavior/ if you mean to use the american english spelling

s/explained the rules/explained that the rules/

s/ommited/omitted/

s/in the call parens/in the call then parens/

s/i've/I've/

Under Extension Methods, a huge reason for them is to head off the temptation to
write 'kitchen sink' classes that are filled with every conceivable method. The
desired approach is to have the class implement the bare minimum of
functionality, and add other functionality with extension methods (that do not
have access to the class' private state).

All in all, good article!