Unit Threaded - a unit testing library for D

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 23:35:50 PDT 2013

Not at all. In fact, I was playing with using it to do
integration testing at work for our C++ code (it has a C
interface). I guess I was just focussed on unit testing because I
got annoyed at how long our unit tests* take to run, which was
what led me to write the C++11 version to begin with. After your
post I've got half a mind to try and speed up all aspects of
testing at work. Thanks!

I guess I or someone else will just have to try and use the
library for other types of testing and fix anything that might
need to be fixed.

I even mentioned at work that if I started a new company or large
project that I'd use D to write tests for anything with a C
interface. There's less glue to write (even with Swig, getting
the Python bindings to work can be a pain), it compiles lightning
fast and is just as nice as writing, say, Python.

Atila

* Even though part of the reason they take so long to run is that
quite a few of them are unit tests in name only, being
mini-integration tests in practice.