Fedora RPMs

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Thu Dec 5 03:55:14 PST 2013

On 11/19/2013 02:28 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> Just to clarify one thing - I do not intend to distribute DMD, this work
> is part of the bugzilla issue regarding curl, plus it is an attempt to
> make better Fedora/RedHat/CentOS packages.
>
> Once it is all on dlang.org maintained by our build-master, I will gladly
> remove all tarballs from ddn.so , and certainly hope that is going to be
> really soon!:)

I saw you were struggling with obtaining source tarballs from github.
There is a fairly simple trick to do this.
While the "official" URL for a tag is
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/archive/v2.064.2.tar.gz
you can put another patch component after the tag name and before the
.tar.gz.
So the following will work with github and allows you to name the
donwloaded file dmd-2.064.2.tar.gz as required by spec.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/archive/v2.064.2/dmd-2.064.2.tar.gz

They will all redirect you to
https://codeload.github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/tar.gz/v2.064.2.

Using spectool -R will download a dmd-2.064.2.tar.gz and the archive
root is also named dmd-2.064.2.