A Mathematician looks at D

Joshua Niehus jm.niehus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 16:57:30 PST 2013

On Monday, 18 February 2013 at 23:55:46 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Most exploratory mathematics systems have a REPL, because for
> some people and for some kinds of problems, it's much better to
> have it. It's not for everyone nor for every kind problem.

I'll take your word for it, in my narrow experience, I've found
REPLs slow me down.
And as for graphing math problems, I found MatLab, Mathematica or
even OSX's "Grapher" to be sufficient for my usages (when I was a
student).

In any event, I wouldn't consider a language "rubbish" because it
doesn't have a REPL.