vibe.d 0.7.10 released

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Jan 3 14:14:39 PST 2013

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 12:11:23 +0100
"mist" <none at none.none> wrote:

> Last time I was performance testing vibe it was almost 4x faster
> than node.js and 1.5 faster than similar Erlang framework (can't
> remember its name now). Plus all static typing and sane async
> syntax goodies as a cherry on top. Was enough to convince me, but
> other language lovers will probably need more arguments :)

Another big advantage of Vibe.d (aside from being able to use a sane
language: D.) is the way that the event-loop/fibers/async-IO works.
Doing IO in Vibe.d (or at least just network IO at the moment, AIUI)
looks like synchronous code, and is written just like synchronous code,
but *behind the scenes* it will do it asynchronously and yield to
another fiber (ie another request) while it waits. (In other words, it's
like Node.js, except it's actually fast and easy, instead of awkward and
slow-by-default.) Sooo fucking awesome!!!

That and being able to write everything in D are Vibe.d's two killer
features for me.