D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 3 23:03:23 PST 2013

> but other lines like
>
> $(LI std.string: $(RED The implementations of std.string.format and
> string.sformat have been replaced with improved implementations which conform
> to writef. In some, rare cases, this will break code. Please see the
> documentation for std.string.format and std.string.sformat for details.))

Yes, you can put this in as the bugzilla title, though I'd tighten it up a little.

> $(LI std.range.hasSlicing has been made stricter in an effort to make it more
> reliable. opSlice for infinite ranges must now return the result of
> std.range.take, and any range with slicing which supports $(D $) must now
> support it with the same semantics as arrays (including supporting subtraction
> for finite ranges).)

This is 3 separate enhancements, each of which should be its own issue, and will
certainly fit as the issue title.

> Automating the bug list is fine, but don't throw away all of the non-bugzilla
> stuff that we've been putting in the changelog.

Nothing has been deleted. In fact, I think those previous items in the 2.060
New/Changed Features are seriously deficient because they contain no hyperlinks
for more information.

But, as I mentioned to Leandro, if someone wants to add some additional notes to
the changelog file, that's great. But somebody has to do the work, and in the
past there generally hasn't been much effort expended there.

Me, I've spent more time than I care to think about keeping that list manually
updated, badly.