D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Pierre Rouleau prouleau001 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 07:20:48 PST 2013

On 13-01-06 6:08 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-01-06 05:19, Pierre Rouleau wrote:
>
>> I know.
>>
>> What I'm trying to see is what is the development *plan* for D2?
>> Something that would identify the future features to be implemented and
>> the planned targets/milestones for them.
>>
>> I would assume that I am not alone in watching the D language evolution,
>> would like to get people to start using it at my work place, and would
>> like to know what the plan is be so we can better convince other people
>> to invest time into it.
>
> I've requested that for years, still nothing. Well that only thing I've
> seen is that the change log used to say "Under Construction: Shared
> libraries for Linux". Still does for D1.

Is there a file somewhere that lists all requested features, under
development features?  Or the various mailing lists the only source of
information?

I cannot commit to much time but maybe I could start a discussion thread
somewhere (here or in d.D?) to requests a list of features previously
discussed, wanted, not implemented yet and after a while compile a list
and save it somewhere.

Starting an activity that way may ease the implementation of a road-map.

/Pierre