D 1.076 and 2.061 release

Matthew Caron matt.caron at redlion.net
Mon Jan 7 06:12:46 PST 2013

On 01/07/2013 08:09 AM, Pierre Rouleau wrote:
> It would be nice to have bug fixes separated from new feature
> introductions by having major and minor releases and branches for these
> releases.  Contributors of a release could backport bug fix in the
> release they use if that was required by their project using the now old
> compiler version.
>
> Of course I realize that this means more overall work, more people,
> someone or a set of people in charge of release management, etc...

I also think that you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who does
development like that, proprietary or open source. It's not uncommon to
have bugfix only releases, but having a new features release that
doesn't fix any bugs is, in my experience, unheard of.

Also, I'd be STRONGLY against it, because I have a fix bugs first
mentality, and if you find a bug while implementing a new feature, it
should be fixed.

--
Matthew Caron, Software Build Engineer
Sixnet, a Red Lion business | www.sixnet.com