Mono-D v0.4.7 - Optlink output analysis / Symbol name demangling

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Sat Jan 12 17:10:35 PST 2013

https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-D/issues

> * Running an application
>
> When I try to run a simple Hello World application it opens a
> new empty terminal, nothing is printed. I also though that
> MonoDevelop would run the application and display its output in
> an internal console view.

Uses xterm (at least on linux) to display stuff in an external
console. Definitely wasn't my idea. There probably is the
possibility to redirect stin/out/err streams into some kind of
internal log or so - but then probably the question will rise up
whether one can pass input to stdin. Haven't tried it out "yet" -
yes, "yet" - though Mono-D exists >1.5 years.

> * Go to definition and autocompletion
>
> I have no idea how good these features are supposed to be but
> to me they work very inconsistently. I have one project where
> go to definition basically only works for what's in the same
> file. I have another project where it seems to work fine,
> mostly.

That's where D magic vs. my programming ability comes into the
game. I can't and I won't guarantee that both works in all cases
(of course not) - all I can do is to make it run in as many cases
as possible. There might be couple of strange or uncommon (yes,
even common) situations where I haven't thought that these could
ever occur. In such cases, please note them down somewhere and
tell me what's not working as expected in particular.

> There is no fancy mixin or template code in these projects.

Did you really expect I had finished implementing CTFE so all
mixins etc could be resolved? Again, please tell me where it's
not working. Since I spend most of my coding time working Mono-D
I don't really have time to manage D projects.
Completion-related issues may get straight to
https://github.com/aBothe/D_Parser please.

> A few questions:
>
> * Does Mono-D do autocompletion or go to definition from
> external files like files from Phobos and druntime?

Yes. And it works for me(tm) - whereas I don't have any dimension
of what modules / completion features _advanced_ D users make use
of. I mean, as I said, I can't test everything - I need users to
do this for me :P

> * Can Mono-D resolve type inference?

Yes.

> I'm using Mac OS X.