Mono-D v0.4.9.5 - Infinite analysis fix + Mixin analysis improvement

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 04:29:31 PST 2013

On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 12:05:28 UTC, alex wrote:
> On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 11:31:58 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Gets better and better!
>>
>> Makes me wonder though: if this works, may be it is possible
>> to provide a context helper with mixin resulting code if all
>> it parameters are already defined? Similar to C macro
>> expansion helper in Eclipse.
>
> So like.. you click somewhere in your document, have an extra
> panel in which you can enter an expression (even a CTFE call
> later on), and get your expressions evaluated? Sure - even
> stuff like template mixins or similar..no problem :)
> Uhm, even pre-defining variable contents shouldn't be a problem
> - then you would have a D math-script interpreter :D

No, a bit different. I.e.
---------
string gen(int num)
{
     return format("auto a = %s", num);
}

mixin(gen("42");
---------

And when you hover over "mixin" keyword, temporary modal window
appears with content "auto a = 42". Or even separate panel with
full compile-time feature expansion like it was in Descent, as
Jacob suggests.

I suppose it is hard to have full CTFE engine now, but at least
simple cases may be useful.