A very basic blog about D

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 12:35:30 PDT 2013

On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 18:54:30 UTC, Baz wrote:
> Fedora a few years ago has proposed the D language as a part of
> their very "extremist open source ashole repository". The fact
> is that D is totally missing from their dev packages ("sudo yum
> i want some only opensource douche stuff even if I have to type
> make make install every two minutes"). And If you setup dmd
> manually they'll propose you to setup ldc, which is not
> possible due to some broken package dependencies...

Where did that come from? I never knew there was such anger
against strict open-source movements, but recently I've been
rudely awakened.

I use fedora for everything I do with D. I have dmd, ldc and gdc
all set up, no significant problems. I also make use of yum a
great deal, and generally find everything I need with little to
no trouble, no make involved. Sure, dmd isn't gonna go in the
official repositories, but rpmfusion exists for a reason...