Browsers (Was: A very basic blog about D)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 19:31:40 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 16 July 2013 at 21:33:33 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> One useful tip to minimize clicking: You can switch between
> tabs^H^H^H^Hribbons with the mouse's scroll wheel.

cool, I'll have to try that.

> THAT'S POSSIBLE?!? PLEASE TELL ME HOW!!! Or is the forward/back
> dropdown list still unified? That's the part that really bugs
> me.

I cannot for the life of me remember how. I'm looking at the user
set about:config values and can't find it there either. But it is
obviously still in force!

The dropdowns are unified, but I searched for the thing and came
across this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noun-buttons/

which claims to separate that too. idk if it is crap though. My
general assumption with [s]add-ons[/s] [s]software[/s] most
everyhing is that it is until proven otherwise, but maybe it will
be good.

> But that reasoning falls apart the first time you reach for
> "stop" and the damn thing changes to "reload" just before you
> click.

Yeah, I've done that before.

> And it was color!

indeed. And nice bright colors too, going back to the backlight
but just the palettes in a lot of the older games seemed so much
brighter than they do nowadays.

> Of course normally, calling a youtube commenter a troll is kind
> of like calling a sasquatch "hairy". ;)

hehehe

> (Although I am one of the few people who did like FF: Spirits
> Within...go figure.)

That's a film I feel that I should give another try. I watched it
once a while ago and was meh, but that could be due to bias since
I've heard a few people say it really wasn't that bad.