Article: Increasing the D Compiler Speed by Over 75%

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 20:30:55 PDT 2013

Certainly you're technically correct about the 75% improvement in speed,
but the units of speed for program execution is a little weird and
unintuitive (Hz).   I've not run across anyone who says "my program got
faster! It went from 0.05 Hz to 0.08 Hz!".  I think that's why people find
it a little odd to talk about speed increase rather than time decrease.