Article about "Applied D"

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Tue Jul 30 13:53:20 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 30 July 2013 at 15:47:29 UTC, Meta wrote:
> It's a good "why should I care about D" article. I frequent
> Hacker News, and one thing that seems to get people really
> hyped about a language is "Getting Things Done", as well as all
> the functional programming hype.

That was the reason why I wrote this short article. To share my
own experience and to show people that it is a "real world"
language that helps to solve real problems. Benchmarking and
feature comparison alone will never convince people, because the
first question is usually along the lines of "What can the
language do for me? Is it easy? I don't want to spend much time
learning a new language!" Then they ask if there are any useful
libraries (C interfacing) and if it's portable. Nobody wants to
write the code more than once. Part of Java's and later Android's
success was exactly this.