DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 01:16:55 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 07:31:04 UTC, Don wrote:
> Actually not. I'm just opposed to any work on them right now.
> The point is that all of those things are COMPLETELY WORTHLESS
> if the IDE crashes. It's not just "a bug". It's an absolute
> showstopper, and I'm begging the community to do something
> about it.
> Fix the crashes, and then we can talk.

What IDEs are crashing for you?

Visual Studio constantly crashes for me at work, and I can
imagine MonoDevelop and Eclipse being similar, but simpler
editors like Sublime Text, TextMate, vim, emacs etc. shouldn't
crash. I've been using Sublime Text for years now and I don't
think it has ever crashed.