DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Jun 13 01:25:18 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 08:16:56 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> Visual Studio constantly crashes for me at work, and I can
> imagine MonoDevelop and Eclipse being similar, but simpler
> editors like Sublime Text, TextMate, vim, emacs etc. shouldn't
> crash. I've been using Sublime Text for years now and I don't
> think it has ever crashed.

I am quite surprised to hear this is an issue at all btw. Neither
Mono-D nor Eclipse DDT have never crashed for me on my smallish
sources. And I just can't imagine D syntax highlighting crashing
vim or emacs :)

Mono-D has had update issues thanks to MonoDevelop upstream but
that is somewhat different story.