DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 1: Metaprogramming in the Real World by Don Clugston

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 11:11:07 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 13 June 2013 at 18:00:26 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> 35 years later and we now have the device he described, but the
> absurdity isn't imaginary.

The ipad amazes me. Not only is it brutally slow, but it
crashes... a lot (the ipad 1 anyway, i've never seen the newer
ones). Yet Apple has a reputation for quality. Maybe it is
because their crashes just reset the device rather than giving an
error message so people don't know whom to blame! idk.

Another slow, unstable device? The playstation 3. The games
themselves run ok, but turning it on and switching apps on that
home screen is just atrocious.