DConf 2013 Day 3 Talk 2: Code Analysis for D with AnalyzeD by Stefan Rohe

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Jun 14 01:58:56 PDT 2013

Jacob Carlborg:

> Walter likes the simplicity of the unit test system.

Maybe Walter is slowly realizing that the built-in uinittest
system doesn't cut it. I am saying this since years.

On the other hand, unittest systems come and go, while D language
must be designed to last 10 or 20 years. So hard coding too much
of a unittest design inside the language risks introducing
something that few years from now will become obsolete (hopefully
something like QuickCheck will become more commonly used in D).

So I suggested to offer the tools, but not a complete built-in
solution.

Bye,
bearophile