Standalone opengl bindings

Diggory diggsey at googlemail.com
Sun May 5 14:33:34 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 10:47:39 UTC, David wrote:
> I don't understand it, which function e.g. conflicts?

Derelict defines a bunch of platform specific functions (wgl***,
some pixel format functions, etc.) which belong in the platform
sdk, not in the opengl bindings.

> Well, for Derelict I have to add ~5 files (all of the opengl
> subfolder)

Whereas with this I have to add 1 file which declares precisely
those functions which I need and no more.

>> - I'm building on top of this, this way it's one fewer
>> dependency to
>> worry about.
> I use Derelict with a git submodule and only compile the
> folders in I
> need, works great.

I'm sure it does, that doesn't stop it from being a dependency.
As I said I did this for my own benefit, I'm not forcing people
to use it.

> I think you're misinformed, Derelict always supported more than
> that,
> current version supports 4.3 as well

Ah I was looking at Derelict rather than Derelict2 apparently -
slightly confusing having the latest version in a branch...