dchip is a D2 port of the Chipmunk2D physics library for 2D games

Sergei Nosov sergei.nosov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 06:07:16 PST 2013

On Sunday, 3 November 2013 at 15:16:09 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 11/3/13, simendsjo <simendsjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nothing I have the need for, but very cool nontheless. It would
>> be interesting if you wrote about your experience on porting a
>> codebase this size.
>
> Nothing much new compared to the last time I ported C, which I
> wrote about here:
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.1069.1308629671.14074.digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com?page=2#post-mailman.1084.1308684922.14074.digitalmars-d-announce:40puremagic.com
>
> Of course I know much more now than I did back then. Maybe you
> meant
> like a blog post? I'll add it to my todo list. :)

Here's a little bug report. Don't know if it's my bad.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit), compiler - DMD v2.063.2, DUB
v0.9.17-29-g2be278a

I cloned the git repo (sha1 96a870e) and ran dub.

First-off, it complained about several 'cannot cast ulong to
int'. I've fixed that with explicit casts.

Second, it complained about undefined reference to dlopen and
friends. I've fixed that by adding
"libs": [
         "dl"
     ]
to package.json

And finally, I've got
object.Exception at src/rt/minfo.d(243): Aborting: Cycle detected
between modules with ctors/dtors:
dchip.cpPolyShape -> dchip.chipmunk_private -> dchip.cpArbiter ->
dchip.cpSpace -> dchip.cpSpaceStep -> dchip.cpCollision ->
dchip.cpPolyShape

Which I don't know how to fix. Hope it'll be useful.