dmd 2.064 release candidate 1

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Nov 5 14:00:55 PST 2013

On 11/5/2013 1:52 AM, Arjan wrote:
>> Why not volunteer to handle the FreeBSD package builds?
>
> I have access to FreeBSD machine(s) and willing to lend a hand and spend some
> time on this.
> What is needed to do the FreeBSD package build?
> (Currently I just do a git clone/pull of the github dlang stuff and build it to
> get the master or any other branch I want)
> Were do I find the build and package instructions?

That's part of handling it - figuring out all that stuff :-) I don't know what
it is.

> Is running regressions tests required before releasing a build package?

Yes, and the regression suite is part of the github repository. Alternatively,
you could talk to Brad and get the actual binaries from the autotester.

> What is the packages release (and build) frequency?

It's a bit erratic, but generally once every 3 months or so.

> DMD1 and DMD2 (and GDC) seems to be in the FreeBSD ports collection. Why can't
> those be used to buid the packages?

Building it is less of an issue than getting a FreeBSD install.