dmd 2.064.2

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Nov 5 20:51:11 PST 2013

Am Tue, 05 Nov 2013 23:24:02 +0100
schrieb "Orvid King" <blah38621 at gmail.com>:

> On Tuesday, 5 November 2013 at 22:08:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> > Ok, this is it:
> >
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd_2.064.2-0_amd64.deb
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.fedora.i386.rpm
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.fedora.x86_64.rpm
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd_2.064.2-0_i386.deb
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.openSUSE.i386.rpm
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2-0.openSUSE.x86_64.rpm
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd-2.064.2.exe
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.zip
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.064.2.dmg
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/libphobos2-64_2.064.2-0_amd64.deb
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/libphobos2-64_2.064.2-0_i386.deb
>
> Dear world: DO NOT use the windows installer if you have ANYTHING
> other than the default installed files in your previous install
> folder, because it will delete EVERYTHING. (and this isn't an
> understatement, my C:/D folder is now entirely empty but for a
> single git index which was locked by my IDE), this means I have
> now lost my local checkouts of the D repos, my git-head dmd
> install location, as well as my auto-build-install-test scripts,
> and my local copy of my JSON work. Thankfully my JSON work wasn't
> even the latest copy anyways. Deleting everything IS NOT
> uninstalling.

Stunned silence...
You seem to have gotten away with only few losses. Thanks for
sharing. I can only imagine what that would have done to
someone who has no backups or online repositories for their
code.
I have to say though that I'm sometimes annoyed by accurate
uninstallers that keep a directory because of a log file or
modified configuration. I doesn't hurt to ask for a recursive
deletion of the install directory.

--
Marco