dchip is a D2 port of the Chipmunk2D physics library for 2D games

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 20:33:58 PST 2013

On 11/7/13, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I have the same issue. It might be an issue with the port.

I did some profiling. I had some excessive opengl error check calls,
which I've fixed in git-head. And I was wrong about -O not working, it
works but it takes ~1-2 minutes to compile.

Anyway in -release -inline -O -noboundscheck mode the sample now works
perfectly smooth! In debug mode it's a little slow, but this is
expected as the C++ sample also lags a lot in debug mode.

What's really interesting is that DMD beats VC in debug mode, but
maybe this has something to do with debug information that VC includes
in a debug build (perhaps profiling hooks? who knows..)