code.dlang.org now supports categories and search - license information now required

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 17 04:42:55 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 17 October 2013 at 10:39:45 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> But one potential issue just occurred to me. What if a product
> is licensed under multiple licenses that must _all_ apply? That
> would basically be "MPL-2.0 and Apache-1.0" instead of "or".
> This is something that happens quite frequently when code is
> taken from multiple projects or when the license was changed,
> but some files were under foreign copyright.

It's impossible.
For example, GPL-2.0 and GPL-3.0 are incompatible. So, if user
requires both GPL-2.0 AND GPL-3.0, it means that we have invalid
license items.

So, we should provide only "OR" modifier, not "AND". And I agree
with ponce: we should provide a per-file license specifics, it
should solve your problem.