LDC 0.12.0 has been released

John Joyus john.joyus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:45:51 PDT 2013

On 10/22/2013 06:42 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> LDC 0.12.0, the LLVM-based D compiler, is available for download!

Congratulations!

I am a D enthusiast who reads more *about* D than actually learning the
language! ;)

I have a question about LLVM.
When it comes to performance, do all LLVM-based languages eventually
match each other in speed for any given task, no matter it is Clang or D?

I guess having or not having a GC (or different implementations of it in
different languages) will make a difference, but if we exclude GC, will
they be generating the same exact code for any given operation?

In other words, though two different languages are based on LLVM, can
one of its binary exceed the other in speed?

Thanks.