Updates to D graph library

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Sep 13 01:20:37 PDT 2013

On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 07:49:49 UTC, ilya-stromberg
wrote:
> Do you have any plans to change license from GPLv3 to something
> more liberal like Boost, MIT or BSD? Without this it's
> impossible to use your library for commercial purposes.

The licence is GPLv3+ because the code is closely influenced by
igraph, which is GPLv3-licensed. It's not like there's
copy-pasting, but it's not clean-room either, so offering a
permissive licence might put users in an invidious situation if
the igraph authors chose to make an issue of it. Unlikely, but
better safe than sorry.

If anyone wants to use it in a commercial application the best
thing probably to let me know and I can discuss with the igraph
authors. I will probably do so anyway once the library is more
feature-complete, less out of concern for commercial apps than in
order not to be incompatible with other free licenses.