D Breaks on to the TIOBE Top 20 List.

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 25 23:54:55 PDT 2014

On Friday, 25 April 2014 at 19:51:22 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> I know we don't place much value in TIOBE and it's brethren.
> However, I thought that this was a milestone worthy of a note
> anyways.
>
> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

It's interesting that C++ has been declining for the last decade
and especially the last year, with C and Objective-C taking its
place at the top for compiled languages.  Mobile has driven
Objective-C use and will drive the next big language, a good
opportunity for D given its efficiency and relative ease of use.