D Breaks on to the TIOBE Top 20 List.

Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 26 16:10:05 PDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 06:54:55 +0000, Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Friday, 25 April 2014 at 19:51:22 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> >http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
>
> It's interesting that C++ has been declining for the last decade and
> especially the last year, with C and Objective-C taking its place at
> the top for compiled languages.  Mobile has driven Objective-C use
> and will drive the next big language, a good opportunity for D given
> its efficiency and relative ease of use.

Wow, TIOBE looks even more useless than the last time looked at it
(years ago). Is TSQL really "more popular" than Perl? I wonder how much
"oh dear, I need help with this" is conflating these ratings. I mean,
PostScript is #25 and while it *is* Turing complete, I don't think too
many (well-intentioned) projects are targeting printers as their
platform (at least via the paper tray). Almost certainly not more than
all of Scala, Go, and Haskell.

--Ben