DlangUI project update

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 28 01:32:23 PST 2014

On Sunday, 28 December 2014 at 06:39:24 UTC, Jack wrote:

> On Sunday, 28 December 2014 at 06:13:48 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
> wrote:
>> On Sunday, 28 December 2014 at 02:31:56 UTC, Jack wrote:
>>> Sorry it took so long, installing dub-git took so long with
>>> my net speed.
>>> Runnung dub run dlangui:tetris got me this error code:
>>> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/0cf2b2476a85
>>> I think the hello world mentioned in the error is the one
>>> inside the dlangui directory.
>>> My project is only the one made by dub init <package-name>.
>>> Thank you for taking the time to help me.
>>
>> Could you post error log?
>> It's either in stderr output or in file ui.log
>>

>> What is your OS?
>>
>> There is known problem with fonts.
>> For linux, font paths are hardcoded (there is a ticket to
>> implement FontConfig based font list).
>> For Mac, it will not find
>>
>> Temporary workaround: register some fonts manually:
>> // get free type font manager access
>> auto ft = cast(FreeTypeFontManager)FontManager.instance;
>> // register some fonts like
>> ft.registerFont("/usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf",
>> FontFamily.SansSerif, "DejaVu", false, FontWeight.Normal);
>
> I'm using Arch Linux x64, as for the linux font paths problem,
> where should I put it? I7've never really begun using dlangui,
> I've just been trying to build an empty project with it as its
> dependency.
>
> And I don't really know how to access the stderr nor did I find
> any ui.log
> Though this is the result of "dub run dlangui:tetris -v"
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/0e144a999c3d

It looks like DUB suppresses stderr output.
You can try
     dub build dlangui:tetris --build=debug
then run it manually
     examples/tetris/bin/tetris
You will see log messages on console

As well, you can redirect them to file:
     examples/tetris/bin/tetris 2> ui.log
Then check ui.log

I've tested under Ubuntu/x64 only.
Probably, there is no DejaVuSans.ttf in
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf
or it's located in different location under Arch.

If you provide paths to some .ttf fonts under Arch, I can prepare
quick fix with such hardcoded paths.