Scriptlike: New lib to aid in writing script-like programs

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:42:41 PST 2014

Personally the biggest problem I have are libraries which depend
on other libraries. A few of my scripts ended up growing a
library I chopped off, but I haven't come up with a way to
segregate it from needing XML/ini/cmdln libraries too.

On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 02:15:38 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> 1. If you download the source files manually (maybe someone who
> isn't onboard with git or dub yet?), there's more to do: Either
> download more than one file, or download one file and unzip.
> Versus just "download this file and use it".

Personally pulling in one file or many is the same to me. If it
comes in a zip, that seems reasonable for those not gitting (git
provides zipping a folder, not subfolders).

> 2. You still have to either pass all the files to DMD, or add
> an extra -Ipath to your RDMD call.

That is true with the single file, so I don't see why this would
be relevant.

What is nice about keeping them separate is that people will be
able to choose what type of script they will write. And I doubt
there will be any common helper functions between these to
modules.