Scriptlike: New lib to aid in writing script-like programs

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Feb 11 20:59:05 PST 2014

On 2/11/2014 10:42 PM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 02:15:38 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> 2. You still have to either pass all the files to DMD, or add an extra
>> -Ipath to your RDMD call.
>
> That is true with the single file, so I don't see why this would be
> relevant.

With DMD it's just more additional files vs fewer additional files. But
that probably is an irrelevent concern after all since RDMD can just as
easily be used instead.

You're right of course about RDMD, not sure what I was thinking there.

> What is nice about keeping them separate is that people will be able to
> choose what type of script they will write. And I doubt there will be
> any common helper functions between these to modules.

With scripts, I'm not sure there's much benefit to importing part of a
lib vs the whole thing.

But I may well just be paranoid about multiple files being a problem.
Unless there's objections (don't seem to be so far) I may go ahead and
split it up with a package.d. If it turns out to be an issue, I could
just deal with it then.