DConf 2014 acceptance rate likely under 50%

John Carter john.carter at taitradio.com
Mon Feb 17 13:19:47 PST 2014

At various academic conferences I have attended they have had "Poster
Sessions" where instead of a formal stand up and talk people put up A0
posters.

The submitter then can stand around to field questions and deeper
discussion from those interested.

Although A0 paper is a bit Old Worlde in this age. Maybe a bunch of screens
to websites containing the "Poster" and slots when you can come around
(physically or online) and chat to the author.

Many a talk I have been to would have seemed a lot better as a poster than
a hour of my life.

I doubly like this ideas as, alas, I will not be able to attend DConf, but
will gladly read online every poster submitted.

--
John Carter
Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639

--

------------------------------
This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended recipient.
It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be the subject of legal
or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this
transmission.
If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disseminate,
distribute or reproduce such email, any attachments, or any part thereof.
If you have received a message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and erase all copies of the message and any attachments.
Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or
corrupted during transmission nor can we guarantee that any email or any
attachments are free from computer viruses or other conditions which may
damage or interfere with recipient data, hardware or software. The
recipient relies upon its own procedures and assumes all risk of use and of
opening any attachments.